Terms & Conditions - Families
(1) These terms and conditions of business are between Sunflower Au Pair Help Agency (hereinafter called the Agency) and the Client. The Agency will only undertake business on the terms and conditions contained herein. No variation of the terms will be valid unless confirmed in writing by the Agency. The Client shall be the person who has signed the agreement on the application form.
(2) The Agency acts as agents for the purpose of effecting introductions between Clients and Au Pairs and the fees to the Agency are for introduction only. The Agency cannot be held responsible should the Au Pair stay for a shorter time than that agreed with the Client.
(3) Although the Agency takes every care to check the applicant's details, the Client is strongly advised to satisfy himself/herself as to the suitability of the applicant.
(4) The Agency does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage resulting from the Agency's introduction or provision of services or from any acts, omissions or conduct of staff introduced by the Agency.
(5) The request by the Client to the Agency to supply details of an applicant will be deemed to be acceptance of the Agency's terms and conditions.
(6) If the applicant fails to arrive, or leaves within the first 14 days , the Agency will offer a substitute within 14 days of being notified in writing. If no replacement is available after this period, the fee will be refunded less £75 administration charges. If the Client decides, FOR WHATEVER REASON, not to accept the replacement no refund shall be due to the Client. No refund is available if the Client finds an applicant from another source before the expiry of the aforesaid 14 days. Refunds will only be made provided the Client notifies the Agency IN WRITING WITHIN 5 DAYS of termination of employment and the Agency's invoice has been paid in full within 7 days of the invoice date.
(7) All applicants are entitled to one week's notice of termination of employment. Failure to comply with this condition results in automatic loss of right to refund, replacement or credit. However, in the event of serious misconduct by the Au Pair or the host family (Client), either party shall be entitled to terminate the engagement immediately. If the Au Pair's departure is as a result of misconduct on the part of the Client the Agency has no obligation to replace the Au Pair or offer any refund of fees.
(8) Au Pairs must be paid a minimum of £75 per week and an Au Pair Plus a minimum of £85 per week.Mothers helps must be paid between £170- £250 per week .
(9) If the Client directly or indirectly introduces an applicant to any other family or employer the Client will be liable for the full fees should the applicant be engaged.
(10) If the Client decides not to accept the applicant after an invoice has been raised no refund will be made. A credit for a period of 3 months from the invoice date will given. Once a Client has accepted an applicant and an invoice has been raised following this acceptance, the Client is liable to pay the full amount stated on the invoice.
(11) In all cases if a substitute is offered by the Agency and refused by the Client no refund or credit is due.
(12) The Client must pay the applicable placement fee on acceptance of the applicant. If the fee is not received within 7 days, an additional fee of £75 will be added to the placement fee. Sunflower Au Pair Agency does not accept cheques.
(13) Although every effort is made to ensure that any information given to a Client is correct, the Agency cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information.
(14) Submission of an application form to the the Agency constitutes agreement to the above terms and conditions.
(15) No replacement or refund will be provided if the following has taken place:
A.On short term placements (less than 3 months)
B.If the applicant complains of abuse, mistreatment or misconduct by you, your family, or acquaintances
- If you restrict access or, stop the applicant using any amenities that he/she is entitled to use or if you withhold any weekly money If an applicant is asked to leave/ or they have been asked to do extra duties not stated in the application or not paid extra for.
- You must also agree to give the applicant a minimum of 2 week's notice as and when such a time arises that the placement has to end, and likewise the Au Pair/ Mother's help carer/ housekeeper will also have to give a minimum 2 week's notice to you as a family.
- If the Applicant has not been given a proper routine and had the chance to get used to the routine.
- If the Applicant has not been given any professional driving lessons if you wish them to drive.
G .If the Introduction fee was not paid .
(16)The Host family will ensure that their home provides the following:-
- A bedroom which will not be accessed/ used by other people; or used for storage or other purposes for the duration of their stay..
- A bedroom which is clean, well maintained and adequately furnished. Furnishing must include a bed, warddrobe, chest of drawers, storage space etc
- Access to fully functioning wi fi
- A Host family home that is clean, tidy, well maintained and equipped.
- A Host family home where there is access to food, drink (Tea, coffee).
(17)The Host family will ensure the following:-
- That the Au Pair is paid the amount of pocket money agreed prior to placement, on a specified day of the week, in cash.
- That no changes are made to the days/hours (or duties) that the Au Pair works; or to their payments (or payment arrangements) without prior consultation with the Agency.
- That the agency is informed of any relevant changes to the Host family’s circumstances in a timely fashion.
(18) In the event of illness on the part of the Au Pair the Host family will ensure:-
- That the Au Pair is supported to access NHS medical treatment.Please register the Au pair /Mothers Help with you general practioner on arrival as a temporary patient /member of your family.
- That the Agency is informed of any health concerns in relation to the Au Pair.
- That reasonable support is provided for the Au Pair in terms of being able to remain in the Host family’s home
If they are unable to work, and prior to them returning home.